Traveling Cleverly Since 2001

on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 | 0 comments
The good news? My kids are great travelers. Meaning, the actual, physical act of getting from one place to another is easy with them. Car ride, plane ride, boat ride... they both seem to enjoy it all. Our problems start when the motion stops. We spent the Christmas holidays with my husband's family in NC. The 5 hour ride was fine both ways. The baby slept, the toddler rotted his brain with Toy Story 2 (over and over and over).

When we got there, our toddler was having a blast. Cousins galore, presents, attention all over the place. The baby, on the other hand, may favor his British ancestory more than his Italian. The noise was not for him. These are loud people; I frequently have to remove myself from the "festivities." I get it. But he would not sleep. Would not.

Consequently, he slept all but 3 hours yesterday, the day we went home. I am exhausted. And today I'm back to work full-time. My 10th anniversary kid-free time cannot come soon enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment